Using a Nevada medical marijuana card in AZ

HomeX Community Forum North America Arizona Using a Nevada medical marijuana card in AZ

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  kkenly89 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Floptimistic
    Participant

I live in Las Vegas and I hold a Nevada medical marijuana card. I like to use edibles but the availability of edibles in Nevada leaves something to be desired. I took a drive to Bullhead City, AZ after seeing the variety of edibles available on Weedmaps. On this site it shows you can use an out of state medical card to purchase in Arizona. When I got to the dispensary I was told I MUST have an AZ card to purchase in AZ. I asked if it was a state law or their own rule and I was told it is state law. I have a friend that said she purchased in AZ with a CA card and this site also said it was allowed so I’m trying to confirm if I was given incorrect info at the dispensary?

Chase N
    Keymaster

Our understanding was that AZ dispensaries could accept out of state medical cards, but upon calling multiple dispensaries that proved to be false. I recommend calling a few to see if any will since it seems to be some kind of grey area. Either way, the ones that I called said you needed an AZ drivers license to get a medical recommendation. I wonder how hard it is to get an AZ drivers license. What was your issue with Nevada edibles? I’m curious..

Floptimistic
    Participant

The edibles here in Nevada are very limited in selection. And they run out quickly. I prefer hard candies, gummies, or lollipops. Those are hard to find. Looking at the selection on Weedmaps, California and Arizona have much better choices available. I suppose Nevada will improve with time. Our dispensaries haven’t been open for very long.

Chase N
    Keymaster

Shoot. Well I hope it improves. I’m sure it will since the shops are just now opening up. Keep us posted if you find out any more regarding out of state medical cards. I’m sure other people have the same question, and would love to know the answer if you find out any more.

kkenly89
    Keymaster

If the Arizona Marijuana Legalization Initiative is passed on the 8th of November, recreational shops should open in the near future and getting your hands on edibles should become a bit easier!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.