Ireland: from East to West and Back Again

HomeX Community Forum Europe Ireland Ireland: from East to West and Back Again

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Diamondsonmywindshield 6 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

IRE

I had the opportunity to travel with my fiance to Ireland in March for a week a couple of years ago. We landed in Dublin and spent and took a day to see Oscar Wilde’s statue, Trinity College and the Book of Kells. It was all standard tourist fare with pubs or coffeehouses everywhere. We then took the advice of an older Irish friend from Cork, “When you get to Dublin, get in the fukkin’ car and drive West if you want to see Ireland.” So we did. We drove to the Dingle Peninsula on Ireland’s West Coast, a rougher, more remote part of the country. We shared a rough cut guest house/hostel with a bunch of guys from Australia doing orienteering class. Although we had not seen any weed to speak of, the Aussies had it all covered. They had purchased a nice slab of hash in Dublin before heading to the woods. It was beautifully prepared blonde, Lebanese type hash with a terpy smell of lemons and spice. They said they had bought some real crummy bud in Dublin they were smoking on a few days before a local turned them onto a new source.

Once hooked about with a chunk of blonde hash, the trip took on a new brightness. We enjoyed sunsets on the Galway Bay and then St. Patrick’s Day in Cashel, Ireland, home of the Rock of Cashel where the Iris king was converted to Catholicism by St. Patrick.

Cannabis is not legal in Ireland but the government has, properly, removed it from the list of scheduled narcotics (hear that, United States?). It has a three strike system get caught once a caution twice second caution third court appearance.

So, weed is not legal, but, the people of Ireland were some of the kindest, most friendly people I have ever met. They make it worth it all. Go. Visit.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  Diamondsonmywindshield.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  Chase N.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.