How To Get A Hawaii Marijuana License?

HomeX Community Forum North America Hawaii How To Get A Hawaii Marijuana License?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rodrigomd 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

[email protected]
    Participant

I’m interested in starting a marijuana business in Hawaii. What do I need to do to get a license?

friedblackbean
    Participant

You must approach chief of the DOH Office of Health Care Assurance. The Hawaii Department of Health is responsible for administering two distinct but related medical marijuana programs. It can be very costly but very profitable in terms of gross sales and you can make generous profits. It would require investment of $3 million to $5 million and application fee of $5,000 along with a $75,000 license fee upon acceptance. You must have funding, business plan, legal advice, and security plan it will be competitive and merit-based. I would suggest you to contact consultants to make the process easier.

wapang
    Participant

It will be competitive and merit-based— only eight licenses will be distributed. Applicants must be legal residents of the state for at least five years, be at least 21 years old and have no felony convictions. The state will announce which applicants are accepted on April 15, 2016. “I don’t think it’s going to leave much room for favoritism, especially if the state government is transparent about what applicants scored.

rodrigomd

Currently you can not get a license is Hawaii. They recently selected 8 companies to take the only 8 licenses they are currently issuing. In the future Hawaii will reopen the application process. The main requirement for Hawaii is liquidity of cash, as Hawaii requires 75,000 alone just for the original license fee.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.