How Much Is The Colorado Marijuana Tax?

HomeX Community Forum North America Colorado How Much Is The Colorado Marijuana Tax?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sara 3 years ago.

• Author

bobjones
    Participant

Is there a tax in Colorado, and if so, how much is it?

weedo
    Participant

The state sales tax on both medical and retail marijuana is 2.9% in the state of Colorado. Retail marijuana sales are then taxed at an additional rate of 10% called a special sales tax, while medical sales are not charged this rate. In addition to these, some cities and municipalities may charge a tax on marijuana as well.

GZ

yes,Colorado is not free from tax but i am not accurate to provide the right amount of tax.i think Colorado raised more tax from Marijuana production.

Sara
    Participant

Well the retail and medical sales tax is 2.9%, special sales tax is 10% and excise tax is 15%There might be differences. I can’t really tell you more because I don’t know if you are asking for taxes as if you want to sell or tax as if you would like to buy a larger amount (we are speaking medical purposes) from Colorado and transport it somewhere else.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.