HOW do I to get a Maine card with out of State Medical Marijuana Card?

HomeX Community Forum North America Maine HOW do I to get a Maine card with out of State Medical Marijuana Card?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  matgirl 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

ArtistSoul
    Participant

I’m registered in NY and want to come to main to purchase medical marijuana – how do I get the State of Maine card?

Where do I apply?

Can I do this online?

How long does it take from the time I apply to actually get the card?

Is there a fee?

Can I do this in person and buy that same day?

Please advise with all details.

Thank you!

kkenly89
    Keymaster

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but visiting qualifying patients are not authorized to obtain in Maine marijuana for medical use.

ArtistSoul
    Participant

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Are there ANY States not to far from NY where we CAN obtain a card to buy if we have proper registration in NY?

ArtistSoul
    Participant

I don’t understand, it says right HERE on your website:

Can I get my Medical Card if I am not a Maine resident?
    Yes, you can but you must have appropriate authorization from another state. Patients must also register in Maine to be permitted to purchase marijuana there, which requires Maine-issued identification.

matgirl
    Participant

Hey ArtistSoul

I also have NY medical card and understood it to read the same way. This what lead me to your question. I also am trying to find some place to buy a specific strain and all I can get from dispensaries is pre done items that actually made me worse. I am going to keep researching options. Let me know if you learn anything too. It looks like there are a few delivery services in other parts of NY that have that have variety of plants and even edibles but not in my area.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.