Can I Fly With Marijuana In New Hampshire?

HomeX Community Forum North America New Hampshire Can I Fly With Marijuana In New Hampshire?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  violentlette 4 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

gurug
    Participant

I’ve been doing some research, and figured I’d ask on here. Are you allowed to fly with marijuana in New Hampshire? What if I’m just flying instate?

thecaptainsdog
    Participant

No, you cannot fly anywhere with marijuana. Commercial airports and airlines are under Federal jurisdiction. Marijuana remains illegal under Federal law and the TSA does not respect local law. Where you are flying does not matter as the marijuana becomes illegal as soon as you enter a commercial airport. The TSA may just warn you, but they also could prosecute you.

Bala
    Participant

Since it is illegal to possess marijuana under federal law, it is illegal to bring through a TSA checkpoint, however TSA officers are not looking for marijuana, or any drug, rather for threats to passenger safety. People have reported success getting small amounts through, however TSA officers are instructed to contact local law enforcement if marijuana is discovered, and it is a violation of federal law.

violentlette
    Participant

It is not legal to travel with marijuana across state lines. It is best for patients using medicinal marijuana to purchase their medication in the state that they are traveling to. Cannabis reciprocity laws do allow some states to abide other’s licenses and permits. However, flying with medicinal marijuana is still discouraged because the government has federal jurisdiction over airspace. Because of the gray areas legislation leaves, TSA officers will notify the police if they find marijuana in general, so it is best not to fly with marijuana on you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.