Can I Fly With Marijuana In Maine?

HomeX Community Forum North America Maine Can I Fly With Marijuana In Maine?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  WillieThePimp 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Errlgramz
    Participant

I’ve been doing some research, and figured I’d ask on here. Are you allowed to fly with marijuana in Maine? What if I’m just flying instate?

HAHAAHA

Unfortunately the answer is no. While legal in several states now it is still deemed an illegal substance and with that being the case it is not allowed in airports or airplanes as those areas are governed by federal law. So even in states where it is legal the airspace of those states still fall under federal law and it is quite likely you will be arrested trying to move these substances.

wapang
    Participant

No, you cannot fly anywhere with marijuana. Commercial airports and airlines are under Federal jurisdiction. Marijuana remains illegal under Federal law and the TSA does not respect local law. Where you are flying does not matter as the marijuana becomes illegal as soon as you enter a commercial airport. The TSA may just warn you, but they also could prosecute you.

jdunks
    Participant

Since under the federal law, marijuana is an illegal schedule 1 narcotic deemed to have a “high potential for abuse and no medical value”, federal law does not distinguish between medical and recreational marijuana—any form of the substance is illegal. Anyone found flying with medical marijuana is at risk of being detained, arrested, and prosecuted under federal law.
    But the TSA official policy states they will not look specifically for marijuana and are more concerned with passenger safety. Most cases where TSA agents find marijuana in a search are up to the individual agent to decide.

WillieThePimp
    Participant

Chance it if you like, but I would never feel comfortable knowing that there’s a chance I could find myself in trouble with the Feds for just having a little herb. This is like the only way for a private citizen who is not a criminal to get on the federal radar. Why open yourself up to that?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.