Can I Fly With Marijuana In Illinois?

HomeX Community Forum North America Illinois Can I Fly With Marijuana In Illinois?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  johnymcdon 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

justojusto
    Participant

I’ve been doing some research, and figured I’d ask on here. Are you allowed to fly with marijuana in Illinois? What if I’m just flying instate?

darthvaper69
    Participant

Here’s how, it’s actually really easy to sneak marijuana on a plane and fly with weed here in the Illinois United States. With the laws in most states geared towards medical marijuana, people have been asking if you can bring weed on an airplane legally or even sneak it on a plane without a medical card. Yes, just put it in your carry-on bag. That’s it. But you need Airport Security Approved smell proof bags.

youreawizardtiffany
    Participant

You cannot possess marijuana in any airport or on any commercial airplanes. Air travel is under Federal jurisdiction and Federal law does not recognize legal marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes. The TSA would likely confiscate any drugs and possibly report you to other law enforcement agencies. Flying intrastate would not be legal either because the marijuana is illegal as soon as you enter any commercial airport.

johnymcdon
    Participant

It is illegal to take marijuana through a TSA checkpoint, so it is not advisable. Many users report no problems with bringing small amounts of marijuana wrapped in smellproof containers, through a TSA checkpoint with no issue, however it is still illegal. Private air travel may be subject to dofferent regulations.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.