Can I Fly With Marijuana In Delaware?

HomeX Community Forum North America Delaware Can I Fly With Marijuana In Delaware?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Sara 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

gurug
    Participant

I’ve been doing some research, and figured I’d ask on here. Are you allowed to fly with marijuana in Delaware? What if I’m just flying instate?

ShadowMuffin
    Participant

This is a real grey area that should not be risked in Delaware. While TSA has commented that they are not actively searching for Marijuana in Delaware, if they come across it they will refer it to Law Enforcement. Even if legally bought, federal restrictions can put you in a hard spot in the airport. Overall it is more risk than it is worth.

kamal
    Participant

No, you cannot fly anywhere with marijuana. Commercial airports and airlines are under Federal jurisdiction. Marijuana remains illegal under Federal law and the TSA does not respect local law. Where you are flying does not matter as the marijuana becomes illegal as soon as you enter a commercial airport. The TSA may just warn you, but they also could prosecute you.

Sara
    Participant

If you are just flying in to the state with marijuana you should be fine. It is only a small fine for possession without a prescription, and it’s rare to be checked coming OFF of a plane. This is all assuming you had no issues at the airport you came from. Keep in mind when flying with marijuana, that TSA agents abide by federal laws and although they do not search for marijuana, if they find it they refer to local law enforcement. So there is still kind of a gray area with flying. Best to avoid it if possible.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.