Can I Fly With Marijuana In Connecticut?

HomeX Community Forum North America Connecticut Can I Fly With Marijuana In Connecticut?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  wapang 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

gurug
    Participant

I’ve been doing some research, and figured I’d ask on here. Are you allowed to fly with marijuana in Connecticut? What if I’m just flying instate?

wapang
    Participant

No, you cannot fly anywhere with marijuana. Commercial airports and airlines are under Federal jurisdiction. Marijuana remains illegal under Federal law and the TSA does not respect local law. Where you are flying does not matter as the marijuana becomes illegal as soon as you enter a commercial airport. The TSA may just warn you, but they also could prosecute you.

bobbuilder
    Participant

Well you can always do what do you want if you’re willing to accept the consequences, right? Jokes aside, short answer is No. You can’t. Even if you have a MMIC. State law may say it’s okay but USA airspace is regulated by federal law. And the federal law says that it doesn’t matter if you are flying within state, out of state or out of the country, the answer is always no. 73 But maybe if you just delay your flight a couple of years from now the law will have already changed. Who knows?

Trae Bear

I have searched several sites to find the answer to this, and from what I’ve found, you can NOT fly with marijuana in Connecticut, or in other state for that matter. I did read though, that some of the time TSA agents will “look over” so to speak, and let it slip by. Other times they will confiscate it and hand it over to authorities, but you will not be in trouble for this in Connecticut.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.