Can I Fly With Marijuana In Arizona?

HomeX Community Forum North America Arizona Can I Fly With Marijuana In Arizona?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  GZ 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

justojusto
    Participant

I’ve been doing some research, and figured I’d ask on here. Are you allowed to fly with marijuana in Arizona? What if I’m just flying instate?

ShadowMuffin
    Participant

As of right now whether you can fly with medical marijuana in Arizona is sort of up in limbo. If you have the proper documentation sometimes you will be let off other times you might not be so lucky. This is sort of a personal decision and you have to decide if you want to take the risk or not.

FoxJFT
    Participant

No. It is not possible to fly with marijuana even if you have a doctor’s prescription and you have a medical condition. It does not matter if you are flying within state, out of state or out of the country, the answer is always no. With the Medical Marijuana Card you can buy it anywhere inside Arizona once you land.

GZ

The bottom line is that marijuana is still federally illegal and you CAN be detained, arrested, questioned, etc. by federal entities (of which the TSA is one.) However, the TSA itself has recently issued a statement saying that they do not search for marijuana, and if marijuana is observed during a search they will refer it to local law enforcement, as TSA follows federal laws and considers it illegal. Once referred to local law enforcement it’s their decision based on whatever local laws are in place. Bottom line? I wouldn’t fly with marijuana yet as it’s still illegal federally.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.