Amsterdam Marijuana Tourism

HomeX Community Forum Europe Netherlands Amsterdam Marijuana Tourism

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Castor16
      Participant

Hello folks,

This is my second entry about my experience as “weed-tourist” and I want to share it with you guys. In January 2016 I finally travelled to Amsterdam, where I have never been before and despite the trip took only 2 short days I felt in love with some locations. For those of you who don`t know about the political issues of cannabis in the Netherlands I give you a short outline. As far as I know it`s not legal to take, sell or buy Cannabis in the Netherland but it`s tolerated and so there are coffeeshops all over the map. Coffeeshops mustn`t store more than 500 gram of weed and are only allowed to sell 5 gramm to an adult inhabitant of the Netherland. Formal it is prohibited to sell Cannabis to tourist from foreign countries, which is called the “ I- Criterium” but must of the shops don`t care about. As I said, as far as I know… I am not completely sure about that. Fortunately I had the luck to hang around with a local dude who is friend of friend and that made things much easier. On a sunny Friday afternoon we arrived in Amsterdam and this time we didn`t have to look for a b&b because the guy who was with me owns a trailer. The only wish I had was to check out the Green House Coffeeshop. For those of you who have never heard of them… A lot of people consider the “ Green House Company “to be the best breeders of the world and the legendary “white widow” is only one strain to mention out of their breeding factory. If you find a little bit time check out the strainhunters on youtube and be impressed of what they do to push the development of cannabis forward. So I was really excited to see one of the green house coffeeshops. So the friend of my friend brought us to the Green House Coffeeshop Namaste. The ambience there was amazing. Despite the shop is not that big it feels like going into another world or something like that. Close to the entrance there is a beautiful mosaic which looked like a sun as far as I can remember. Inside the shop were some sort of a sofa or couch with little wooden tables in front, to role your joints on them. In the back of the shop there was something like a brick wall with a mask on it and another wall which looked like someone took stones out of a river and just threw them on the ground. There was a wide variety of strains you could buy between 9-15 euro/gram as well as pre-rolled joints. They got a lot of different Hash too . Prices in-between 10-60 euro. You can also buy greenhouse seeds. First I thought ok that`s pretty expensive but after smoking one gram of hashish for 28 euro I was convinced that it`s totally worth. After we had been there for a few hours smoking and talking our guide told us that there is another special thing in Amsterdam he want to show us. That was my first encounter with something they call “smartshops”. These “smartshops” sell completely legal drugs like coffee or mushrooms. I took some mushrooms there and for the next few hours I laughed a lot and had a great time by discover the world in a completely new visual way. I lost my feeling for time and space and couldn`t tell you when we arrived in the waterhole with was the last location on our trip. The only thing I can remember is that there played a band some sort of irish music and we all laughed a lot. Despite I thought that the next morning would be really hard. I felt very refreshed when I woke up on the next day.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.