Can I Fly With Marijuana In New York?

Home Community Forum North America New York Can I Fly With Marijuana In New York?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Hadson D 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

bobjones
    Participant

I’ve been doing some research, and figured I’d ask on here. Are you allowed to fly with marijuana in New York? What if I’m just flying instate?

Snoogins
    Participant

No, you cannot fly anywhere with marijuana. Commercial airports and airlines are under Federal jurisdiction. Marijuana remains illegal under Federal law and the TSA does not respect local law. Where you are flying does not matter as the marijuana becomes illegal as soon as you enter a commercial airport. The TSA may just warn you, but they also could prosecute you.

johnymcdon
    Participant

In general, the answer is no. Under federal law marijuana is an illegal Schedule 1 narcotic deemed to have a “high potential for abuse and no medical value.” The federal law doesn’t distinguish between medical marijuana and recreational marijuana – any form of the substance is illegal. Since airports, airspace, and airplanes all fall under federal jurisdiction, anyone found flying with medical marijuana is at risk of being detained, arrested, and prosecuted under federal law.
    However, TSAs official policy has stated they are not specifically looking for marijuana and if they do happen to find it in a routine search, it’s largely up to the individual TSA agent to decide how to respond. In states where medical marijuana is legal, anecdotal evidence suggests local police will often verify a passenger’s documents and allow them to fly with medicinal cannabis if everything is in order.

pratap99
    Participant

Federal law states that you can never fly with marijuana, even if it is medically prescribed. Flying instate does not matter, it is against the law. All airports and planes are under federal jurisdiction, anyway. TSA rarely, if ever, searches for drugs, though. So, it may be worth the risk to hide it well in your travels.

Azlbet
    Blocked

Well, MY answer is in No. You can’t fly from marijuana in New York because it is not allowed. I also asked about it from my dad and he also answered me in No.

johnjack
    Blocked

No, It will not be allowed to you to fly with marijuana in spite of that you are instate or outstate. It could be a dengue to fly over while you take drug or medicine like this.

Hadson D
    Blocked

I agree with both of you last members. So now I hope it will be a helpful for PRATA! I must say that its an illegal is that a big reason here in the NY, and its rules are strict for like these acts…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.