Can I Fly With Marijuana In California?

Home Community Forum North America California Can I Fly With Marijuana In California?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  kkenly89 7 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

bobjones
    Participant

I’ve been doing some research, and figured I’d ask on here. Are you allowed to fly with marijuana in California? What if I’m just flying instate?

youreawizardtiffany
    Participant

It is up to the discretion of the police. The TSA upon finding it will refer the matter to local authorities. If you have your green card and only a small amount you will normally be let go. If not, immediate arrest. So the short answer is no. However, if you are a medical patient and you have your card they will either let you slip or toss it away.

thecaptainsdog
    Participant

Yes, one can fly instate carrying 8 ounces or less of dried marijuana or equivalent in cannabis product but just if one is a medical marijuana patients. One cannot fly with marijuana plants. And if you want to travel to another state the californian laws just worth inside California. If you go to a strict state you will have problems if security catches you, regardless wether you are a medical patient.

gurug
    Participant

No, you cannot fly anywhere with marijuana. Commercial airports and airlines are under Federal jurisdiction. Marijuana remains illegal under Federal law and the TSA does not respect local law. Where you are flying does not matter as the marijuana becomes illegal as soon as you enter a commercial airport. The TSA may just warn you, but they also could prosecute you.

kkenly89

User GURUG has it right here folks. Local laws are not in place when you’re in an airport. If you are caught with marijuana, you will face Federal charges, and whether or not you have a medical card, live in a legal state, etc. You will not be getting on your plane, instead you’ll find yourself in airport jail, which is not a place you want to go.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.