Alaska is one of the wildest places in the world for so many reasons. Now we can finally add Pot to that list of reasons. Throughout the next year we will be helping to build a resource of the best places for cannabis consumers to visit during their venture throughout Alaska. If you have anything to add, don’t hesitate to Contact Us! We are always looking for more lodging partners, lounges, activities, and anything else you can think of. Click here for a resource of FAQs.
There are a million facts about Alaska that will blow your mind including the Northern Lights, Salmon Fishing, and The Gold Rush, but for now lets get to the goods!
5 Reasons Why Alaska will be Americas #1 Marijuana Vacation Destination
Alaska Thunder Fuck (ATF)
One of the most well known strains in the world because of its potency. This strain originated out of the Matanuska-Susitna Valley and according to legend the strain was originally called Matanuska Thunder Fuck but the name changed to Alaskan Thunder Fuck by travelers that couldn’t spell or even say Matanuska.
It’s an amazing place to visit. More than 1 million people take an Alaskan Cruise every single summer. Now marijuana will be one more reason to explore Alaska’s beauty, and it will put you in a mindset where you will enjoy it even more! Click Here for more images. Photograph by Ole C. Salomonsen.
Fishing, Biking, Skiing, Kayaking, Hiking, Naked Disk Golf?Alaska has it all, and they do it better than anyone else. Check out this sweet Ski video if you don’t believe us. Some years Colorado doesn’t even get much snow… I don’t think Alaska has ever had that problem.
With everything from Polar Bears to reindeer and Whales to Eagles what doesn’t Alaska have? Alaska is home to 98% of America’s Brown Bear Population, 1,600 lb Moose, and even the Endangered Hump Back Whales. It’s every photographer’s dream and every sportsman’s paradise.
Alaska legalize marijuana similar to the way Colorado legalized marijuana. Adults can legally gift each other up to one Ounce of Cannabis. This means that businesses will be giving away weed similar to the tour companies and Bud and Breakfasts do in Colorado. We’re excited about this prospect, and we look forward to a flourishing cannabis tourism industry in Alaska!
If you’re looking for more, here are the top 5 facts about the state of Alaska that make it an amazing place to visit!
- Of the 20 highest peaks in the United States, 17 are in Alaska. Denali, the tallest, sits at 20,237 feet above sea level and is considered the 3rd most prominent peak in the world just behind Mt. Everest.
- There are more than 3,000 rivers in Alaska and over 3 million lakes.
- Alaska has an estimated 100,000 glaciers, ranging from tiny cirque glaciers to huge valley glaciers. Five percent of the state, or 29,000 square miles, is covered by glaciers.
- Alaska boasts the northernmost, the easternmost, and the westernmost points in the United States when you consider the islands that extend just past the 180° longitude line separating East from West.
- There are more than 70 potentially active volcanoes in Alaska. Several have erupted in recent times. The most violent volcanic eruption of the century took place in 1912 when Novarupta Volcano erupted, creating the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes which is now part of Katmai National Park.